Tuesday 10 July 2012

Auraknot Twinchie

I didn't for one moment think I'd be making this. In fact I had a completely different idea started in a sketchbook which is rapidly becoming a journal page bit by bit: I shall post that when it is complete. Tangling is becoming quite an adventure for me - I have discovered that there are border tangles in Suzanne McNeill's Zentangle 2 book but am determined to work through the patterns in the Basics book first. It won't be the same for others but I work best with a systematic approach.

Having said that I couldn't resist watching the Auraknot tangle video. As I did so there was a kind of quickening of my heart & I just wanted to have a go to see if I could actually draw such a tangle. I then had an idea for a four-pointed knot with a simple border for a Twinchie but, imagine my astonishment when I found myself adding bits here & there & before I knew it I had a piece of Zentangle Inspired Artwork (or ZIA for short).
tangles: Auraknot, Waves

When I came to upload my photo from the camera I found a photo taken a few days ago when I got carried away making my husband's supper. Is it just my imagination or are there similarities of patterning? I find I'm beginning to 'see' patterns all over the place, the bedroom curtains & the duvet cover amongst them. This is becoming a most intriguing adventure: the thrill of spontaneously completing a project - albeit a small one - in less than one day feels like a tremendous accomplishment.

Challenges Entered
Show us your Twinchies Challenge 1 - Anything Goes
I am the diva Weekly Challenge 78 - "New Official Tangle: Auraknot"

23 comments:

Aquarius said...

Very well done for doing that aura knot in such a small space - I'd worked out the principle when I spotted it as a sort of challenge the other day but not tried it as small as that and it was interesting to see it developing in the video. I hope your husband enjoyed his 'tangled' supper - I'm surprised he dared disturb the pattern!! Well done.

ledenzer said...

How totally perfect, you have managed to give auraknot a new and marvelous personality. One I would not of seen had it not been for your sharing. Thanks for letting us see how you can personalize this tangle!

GinaA said...

A totally gorgeous tile twinchie, isn't it great when you can complete a beautiful work of art in such a short length of time. Looking forward to seeing your notebook.

Susan said...

Love it! I hope your husband's dinner was bigger than your tile!

Alice said...

hahaha! so you are tangling int he kitchen, too :) that's great! and your drawing is wonderful - you did a really good job there!

Lorraine said...

This is so sweet! Amazing that you managed to do it so small - I'm having trouble doing it big!

Anonymous said...

Great tile you made here!

Annemarie Huijts

Sweet Freedom said...

Very nice design!

Miranda said...

Hi Paula, I fall in love with the auraknot when I saw this great video! You did a 'great' job on this tiny piece of paper! And indeed everywhere there are patterns to see.....also in everything we do.....warm greet Miranda

Zoe said...

Hi Paula thank you for entering this great little twinchie into our very first challenge blog, good luck, Zoe xxx

Kathryn said...

How fabby and in such a little space xx ohhh hubbies grub looks good too xx

Anonymous said...

I too love the way you can complete something so beautiful in a small space of time. And that fact there are patterns anywhere and everywhere! Inspiring tangle!

Barbara said...

Haha, Paula....YOU'VE BEEN TWINCHIED! I too walk around the house, looking for things to use on my twinchies....it's becoming a bit of an addiction xx Good luck in this challenge xx

jackiescrafts said...

Love this tin hie Paula your tangle is fab
So much for thinking I would do some on the flight I got too engrossed in the film then fell asleep lol

Jackie x

craftimamma said...

Wow Paula, what a fabulous job you've made of your first efforts at 'tangling'. I would never have known you're so new to this artform. It's amazing how much pattern you've incorporated into such a small space. I agree, there is definitely a similarity between your twinchie and your Hubby's supper, lol!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Eileen said...

Another great twinchie. I love this technique and you seem to really be enjoying yourself!
Eileen xx

Sarn said...

Hi Paula . . . I watched the Auraknot video last night and couldn't resist having a go at it.

Love your take on it . . .

xxx

Elizabeth Allan said...

Wow - if all this is in two inches I can't wait to see your larger pieces!! Great balance in your husband's dinner dish :0)

Lorraine said...

OH HOW COOL PEP YOU CREATED YOUR HUBBYS SUPPER I JUST LOVE IT HOW CLEVER XX

Sally H said...

I am loving your zen-tangling Paula. I am sorry it has taken me so long to get here. Love your Hubby's lunch too - definite similarities!

tanglewithlinda.wordpress.com said...

Your miniature zentangle is really nice; how you got all that in a 2" square is amazing. I got a big kick out of your presentation of your hubby's supper. Very zen like, lol.

Pink Dandelion said...

Ooh PEP this is fab and your hubby's supper looks fab too. Debs xx

xxxtglxxx said...

Well I deffo see a similarity in symmetry and design in that doodle and photo Paula. I am allowed to call it doodling? ;)

I think you are perfectly suited to this form of art, you always notice things on my cards that I never notice myself as you pick up on the real finer details and matching elements as an instinct :)

Well done, this looks like it will be a fun journey!

hugs

xxalisonxx